<< Back to search results

Matta House, Kadina

Matta Matta House was built in 1863 and is located at 50 Mines Road, Kadina as part of the exhibitions at The Farm Shed museum and was built for Edward Horn who was the manager of the Matta Matta Mine. This was short lived (1860-1870) and a succession of families lived in the house up until 1966 when it was bought from the Cock family after the Rotary Club of Kadina and Yorke Peninsula Field Days provided money so that it could be preserved as a museum. Matta House has been refurbished to the late Victorian period when the local copper mining industry was at its peak.

Details

Cost:
Indicativeprices: $10.00 (From: $ 10.00 — To: $10.00)
Entry price is to The Farm Shed Museum which includes Matta House
Child: $3.00 (From: $ 3.00 — To: $3.00)
Entry price is to The Farm Shed Museum which includes Matta House

Facilities

  • Public Toilet

Contact

50 Mines Road
Kadina, Yorke Peninsula
South Australia, 5554

Phone:
08 8821 2333
Email:
Send Email
Close