Richmans concentrating plant operated from 1869 until the mine closed in 1923, crushing and concentrating ore from nearby shafts. During this period many alterations were made to the plant to suit the improved technology of mining and processing. The walk provides access to Richmans Engine house and lookouts on the tailings heap. Signs interpret the remaining structures. Richmans Enginehouse is in the Moonta Mines National Heritage Area. Richmans Enginehouse is able to be viewed from the parking area.